• De-Personalized Data, which includes data, which can be associated to a particular mobile device, but cannot be reasonably used to infer information about a particular individual.
• De-Identified Data, which refers to data, which cannot be reasonably used to infer information about a specific user, computer, or device. This includes aggregated data, statistical samples, and the like.
a) the Internet services operated by WICONNECT and WICONNECT partners.
b) WICONNECT's related captive portal, website and other WICONNECT websites (collectively, "Site") and
c) all software developed and made available by WICONNECT in connection with any of the foregoing.
In many cases, WICONNECT services are offered anonymously, without the need to log in or provide any information that can be tied to your personal identity. In these circumstances, the information collected (to operate the network, better understand how our customers use the network, improve your experience, or better understand user behavior) is not personalized or tied to your individual identity, and, though treated as such, should not be considered personally identifiable information.
Please note that WICONNECT Services are intended for adult audiences and WICONNECT does not knowingly collect any Personal Information from anyone under 13 years of age.
What information does WICONNECT collect?
As you visit our locations and use our services, we collect information about your device and the services you use. The information we collect may be obtained from different sources, including (1) information you give us; (2) information we collect automatically; (3) information we collect from 3rd-party sources; and (4) information we infer or derive from analysis of the above.
• Information you give us is only collected following your explicit consent, such as your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, payment information. Other information you provide may be unsolicited by us, such as when you contact us via e-mail.
• Information we automatically collect includes information we use to maintain our systems, optimize performance, and improve our services. This include network statistics, such device and usage information, location information, the amount and types of data you transfer, how you connect, how long you are connected, the services you use, and the advertisements you see and interact with.
• We may use the information collected to derive a better understanding of the users of our service, and infer certain characteristics about them. We use this analysis to help in the development of services, features, and advertisements, which may better appeal to our users.
WICONNECT and its affiliates also collect and use the following type of data:
If you are concerned about cookies, it is possible to turn them off in your web browser preferences. However, please be aware that by disabling cookies, your web surfing experience will be degraded.
MAC Addresses. The WICONNECT Services may also record and retain the MAC (Media Access Controller) address from your device to enable WICONNECT to accurately perform administrative and operational functions and otherwise provide the WICONNECT Services.
How does WICONNECT use the information it collects?
To manage, monitor, optimize and ensure the integrity of the services we provide to you. Usage statistics, load factors, incidents, feedback, fair use monitoring, and the like, are all used to make technical improvements to the network and ensure that the service is operating adequately for the benefit of all users.
To help us improve the content and functionality of the WICONNECT Services, and enable features. Certain features, functionality, and distinctions in service may only be made available to customers who qualify, purchase, or opt in for enhanced services. In these cases, it will be essential to differentiate these qualified users from those enjoying the standard level of service.
To understand the network and its use by customers. By collecting information about use of the network, including where it is used, for how long, and what it is used for, WICONNECT can improve our Services to better match our users' behaviors and interests, offer new features that are of value to our end users, and provide valuable insights to the venue owner’s customers that can be used to improve their services.
To create personalized content, or to tailor services and advertising that may be of more interest to you, based on inferences derived from your use of the service.
To generate revenue. Most WiConnect Wi-Fi networks offer service made available at no charge to end users. Costs of installing and operating the network are offset through revenue generated by advertising and sponsorship. WICONNECT uses de-personalized and de-identified data collected when you use the service to better target advertising, and thus increase the value of advertising opportunities to our partners.
To manage advertisements: Advertisements appearing through the WICONNECT Services may be delivered by us or one or more third-party web advertisers or advertising platforms. These third-party web advertisers and advertising platforms may set cookies. Cookies allow the advertising server operated by that third party to recognize your device each time they send you an online advertisement. Accordingly, advertisement servers may compile information about where or whether you viewed their advertisements and which advertisements you clicked on. This information allows web advertisers to deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.
To generate usage statistics. WICONNECT may also compile device information and usage statistics such as usage patterns, travel patterns and website page views. WICONNECT may use this information for statistical purposes to improve the WICONNECT Services and to manage our networks and systems more efficiently. The personal identities of users cannot be identified from these reports.
To detect potential fraud, abuse, unlawful use, and other violations of our Terms of Service. On occasion, it may be necessary to record and trace individual usage and/or personal or technical information in order to maintain the integrity and security of the WICONNECT Services. In order to protect our users and maintain a high level of service, WICONNECT will use commercially reasonable efforts to track and identify any malicious user acting in contravention of our Terms of Service. To do so, WICONNECT or its representatives may track and record any information that may be considered evidence of misuse. Please refer to the TCONNECT™ Terms of Service for more information.
To provide you support and customer service. For instance, if you contact us by email, we will use the Information you provide to answer your question or resolve your problem.
To comply with the law. WICONNECT may provide data to law enforcement to comply with a production order or other legal requirement. Otherwise, we only share data, as required, to act in the interests of personal or public safety, or national security, if we believe in good faith that such exigent circumstances exist.
Where is my information stored?
If you provide Information to the WICONNECT Services, your information may be transferred from your current location to the offices and servers of WICONNECT and authorized third parties, including commercial "cloud storage services", referred to herein located in the United States or other countries.
How long does WICONNECT keep my information?
What is WICONNECT’s policy regarding links to other sites?
WICONNECT Services are offered at no charge to end users. In order to help offset operating costs, WICONNECT uses sponsorship and targeted advertising to generate revenue, so that the operation of these services can continue to remain free of charge to users. Should you wish to opt out of WICONNECT Services, WICONNECT provides a number of options to allow you to control how your information is used:
• Use your device's settings to opt out of targeted advertising. Modify the settings on your mobile device to take advantage of built-in features to disable targeted advertising. See https://www.networkadvertising.org/mobile-choices for more information and step-by-step instructions for your device type. Please note that you will continue to see ads - they will only be less relevant to you, as they will not be based on your selections, preferences, or browsing habits.
• Use AdChoices to opt out of targeted advertising. WICONNECT's advertising partners are member of the AdChoices Digital Advertising Alliances, and they respect the preferences you declare using AdChoices controls. You can select the types of ads you wish to see using the controls offered on the AdChoices website, or using a downloadable mobile app.
Learn more about AdChoices here: http://youradchoices.com/learn
Configure your ad choices here: http://youradchoices.com/control
Please note that you will continue to see ads - they will only be less relevant to you, as they will not be based on your selections, preferences, or browsing habits.
WICONNECT may also acquire sponsors and generate its own direct advertising, which can be made more relevant to you through a better understanding of your online activities.
If you do not wish to partake in such activities, you may opt out. If you wish to withdraw your consent to Wi-Fi detection and/or direct advertising from WICONNECT and WICONNECT sponsors, please send an e-mail to info@WiConnect.com that includes the MAC address of your mobile device or computer.
Please note that this opt-out removes your device ID only for the purposes of analytics, marketing and advanced features offered to transit riders; it may not be possible to completely delete all your Information due to technological and/or legal constraints. Also note that you will continue to see advertisements - they may just not be as relevant to you.
If you continue to use WICONNECT Services, MAC address detection and storage will continue to be used for the purposes of delivering network services, and ensuring the security, performance and integrity of the WICONNECT network.
If you have questions...
© 2021 WiConnect LLC